- WHICH ARE THE ADVANTAGES IN USING THERMOPLASTIC MATERIAL?
- WHAT IS PMMA?
- WHAT DOES INJECTION MOULDING MEAN?
- WHICH ARE METHACRYLATE’S MAIN FEATURES?
- WHICH MAY BE METHACRYLATE’S USES AND APPLICATIONS?
- WHICH SERVICES CAN TECNOPLASTICA OFFER ITS CUSTOMER?
The reasons for its wide spreading are practical, functional, aesthetic and economic.
We mostly use thermoplastic materials such as PMMA (Polymethyl methacrylate), ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), SAN (Styrene acrylonitrile), PC (polycarbonate), MOPLEN (Polypropylene).
We prefer these materials because they are light and extremely resistant at the same time (heat-proof, shock-proof, deformation-proof, scratch-proof, abrasion-proof) and they allow the widest creative design possibilities in carrying out the most diversified forms and surfaces (polished, transparent, crystal effect, opaque, satinized, sandblasted, neutral and coloured).
The thermoplastic material is therefore able to supply the widest performances: functionality, practicality and aesthetic keep up with one another. In many applications thermoplastic materials can substitute glass very well, granting high economic advantages too.
Very high light transmittance coefficient (92%), allowing an almost total transparency, even with high thickness. With glass, on the contrary, the hither is the thickness the lower the transparency.
Excellent protection against ultraviolet rays.
Minimum maintenance (for the self-cleaning surface).
Maximum resistance to heat, scratches, abrasions, water.
Many possibilities of aesthetic combinations. Methacrylate matches well with chromium-plated, golden, polished, opaque inserts, or with other kinds of materials such as wood, baked clay, steel.
These characteristics make methacrylate an increasingly used material even for very thick items, whose processing requires professional skills and specific equipment. The processing of very thick methacrylate is a complex one and require high professional skills to avoid imperfections such as bubbles, shrinkages, and other aesthetic defects of various kinds.
Only a few firms can carry out this processing. Tecnoplastica is among them.
|> Furnishing (handles and accessories)> Bath furniture / Thermotechnics> Espresso coffee machines> Household objects and gift items||> Illuminating engineering> Bonbonnières> Footwear> Gift and fancy goods> Various products|
WHICH SERVICES CAN TECNOPLASTICA OFFER ITS CUSTOMER?
Our technical skills grant the customer the optimization of the different stages of the manufacturing process:
- feasibility test, selection of the thermoplastic material according to the item shape and its intended use, design, industrialization, carrying out of specific equipment (moulds, devices for auxiliary processing, etc.);
- assessment of the productivity and moulds lifecycle in relation to the expected production volumes;
- carrying out of prototypes, setting of production processes and costs
- injection moulding with our customers’ moulds or with moulds made solely against their orders
- possible auxiliary activities such as mechanical works, surface finishing, serigraphy, assemblage, packing, etc…